Giovanni van Bronckhorst defends much-discussed Feyenoord player: ‘He is shocked’ | Goal.com

Giovanni van Bronckhorst leapt to Oussama Targhalline's defence at Friday's press conference ahead of SC Cambuur v Feyenoord. Reports had claimed the midfielder submitted a transfer request, but the Feyenoord manager insists that is not true.
"The outlook for him at Feyenoord is still very positive," Van Bronckhorst begins. "We have now offered him a new contract that contains a great deal of appreciation."
ESPN had previously reported that Targhalline was actually 'furious' about the new offer and that negotiations had therefore been halted with immediate effect. Shortly afterwards, transfer journalist Gianluca Di Marzio reported that Hull City had submitted a bid to Feyenoord for the holding midfielder.
"Of course, a few reports have come out, which also surprised him and about which he himself said: this did not come from me," Van Bronckhorst says, referring to the 'collapsed' contract talks. He insists there is still a role for Targhalline this season.
"He is a lad who wants to play more and that is logical. He is a lad we will need this season. But to draw conclusions for the whole season after two matches... That seems a bit too early to me."
Targhalline is under contract at De Kuip until mid-2028, where he must now try to force Charles Vanhoutte, who was brought in, out of the starting XI. "All in all, I am very positive with Targhalline about his future at Feyenoord," Van Bronckhorst concludes.
Read the original news

William Hill
Bet £10 Get £30
New customers using Promo Code P30 only, min &poun...
New customers using Promo Code P30 only, min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free...
